Friday, 25 May 2007

The System

The system takes advantage of the features on the Betfair website which lets you place a 'lay' bet on a result (betting against something happening) and allows you bet on certain events while they are 'in play'.

I'm carefully selecting football matches from Betfair's 'in play' list where I'm confident of the favourites scoring first. Before the kickoff I'm placing a lay bet on the draw (betting that it won't be a draw). The idea is that when the favourites score, the odds on the draw increase, so by backing the draw for the same stake as the previous lay bet I'm guaranteed a profit if the game goes to a draw, but without being able to lose any money if either team wins.

From this position it's then possible to 'green up', using some of the draw profit to guarantee a payout whatever the result.

I probably haven't explained that very well but I'm sure all will become clear once you see the results coming in.