
Note to self ... Don't bet on Scottish football again.
Game 3: Scottish FA Cup Final - Celtic vs Dunfirmline
As expected, champions Celtic were hot favourites to beat relegated Dunfirmline so I layed the draw pre kickoff for £19.88 at odds of 6.8, for a total liability of £115.30.
I've not watched much Scottish football, and now I think I know why ... it's crap. The quality of control and passing was absolutely appalling. I realise the English FA Cup final was a dire affair too, but at least there you knew the teams were actually capable of better if they tried. This lot didn't have a clue.
Anyway, with no goals after 72 minutes I couldn't risk the £115 liability any longer and had to settle for a loss.
Backed the draw for £61.44 at odds of 2.22 for a guaranteed loss of £39.68
Having done this I suppose it was inevitable that someone would score. Sure enough Celtic scraped a winner after 85 minutes.
Not the end of the world - I knew I'd have some games like this - I just need to keep them to a minimum!