
Game 9: Norwegian Tippeligaen - Lillestrom vs Stabaek
Things got a bit hairy on this one!
Layed the draw for £38.89 at odds of 4.1 - total liability of £120.56
Lillestrom had won their opening 3 home games, scoring 10 goals in the process. I'd hoped that despite Stabaek being in 5th place at the start of play, Lillestrom would be too strong for them.
For the 3rd game in a row today it was 0-0 at half time. Then just as I was preparing to take another hefty loss Stabaek scored in the 64th minute. Just as the odds were settling after the goal, betting was suspended again. This normally means that there has been a goal or some other major occurrence. Neither of the live score websites that I use were showing a change in the score, and still betting was suspended. It stayed like this for about 5 minutes, with me not having a clue what was happening. When betting came back to life it was clear that no goal had been scored, so I quickly backed the draw for £43.68 at 3.65 for a loss of £3.88
Seconds later Lillestrom equalised! The game finished 1-1 which goes to show that sometimes you're best to settle for a small loss.